Precinct 3, as indicated on the map below, is located in the northern portion of Fort Bend County
|Address:||13131 Dairy Ashford Rd, #390
Sugar Land, TX 77478
Responsibilities and Authority of Commissioners Court
- Made up of 4 Commissioners, elected by Precinct, and a County Judge, who is the presiding officer and who is elected countywide. Decisions are made by a majority of the court.
- Governing and Policy Making Body of the County
- Approves all expenditures and budgets of the elected offices and non-elected departments
- Sets the Tax Rates and most Fees for the County
- Makes Appointments to Boards and Committees
- Builds and Maintains Roads & Bridges
- Develops and Maintains Drainage System
- Oversees all county non-elected departments
- Establishes Voting and Commissioner Precincts through redistricting
- Calls for elections
- Makes contracts and agreements with other government entities and the private sector
- Develops and implements Long-Range, Strategic Plans for the County
Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.